The objective of this module is to introduce basic concepts of ac circuits, electrical machines and power system operation. All concepts are duly discussed and illustrated through several exercises and real-world examples.
Integrity & Plagiarism Policies
- Outlines (1 hour)
- Motivation (1 hour)
- AC Electric Circuits (3 hours)
- Magnetic Circuits (3 hours)
- Transformers (3 hours)
- Energy Conversion (3 hours)
- Three-phase Circuits (3 hours)
- Induction Machines (3 hours)
- Synchronous Machines (3 hours)
- Power System Modelling and Analysis (3 hours)
Combined Material and Formulary
Exercises and Worked Problems
- Complex Numbers
- AC Circuits
- Magnetic Circuits
- Energy Conversion
- Three-phase circuits
- Induction Machines
- Synchronous Machines
- Power System Analysis
Additional Problems with Solutions
- Complex Numbers. Chapters 1-3.
- AC Electrical Circuits. Chapters 8-10.
- Magnetic Circuits. Chapter 10.
- Electrical Machines and Systems. Chapters 1-3, 6-8, 10-12.
- Midterm Exam 2017 - Solutions
- Midterm Exam 2018 - Solutions
- Midterm Exam 2019 - Solutions
- Midterm Exam 2020 - Solutions
- Midterm Exam 2021 - Solutions
- Final Exam 2017 - Solutions
- Final Exam 2018 - Solutions
- Final Exam 2019 - Solutions
- Final Exam 2020 - Solutions
- Resit Exam 2017 - Solutions
- Resit Exam 2018 - Solutions
- Safety Instructions
- Transformer Parameter and Loss Measurement
- Jupyter Notebooks will be uploaded to the server after the discussion in class of each topic.